School Innovation & Improvement Plan
Goals for this academic school year
School Improvement & Innovation Plan At A Glance
Lanier Middle School
Tammara Hanna, Principal
Student Achievement & POG Goal
- At least 90% of our ESOL and Exceptional Education students will meet the grade level English CT SMARTR goal by May of 2021.
- At least 90% of our ESOL and Exceptional Education students will meet the grade level Math CT SMARTR goal by May of 2021.
Collaborative teams will regularly utilize the division’s Planning and Pacing Guides and State Standards of Learning to focus the work of the instructional cycle to ensure high-quality instruction, meaningful learning experience, and purposeful assessment for all students. Collaborative teams will take collective responsibility for the learning and achievement of students with disabilities.
Teachers will implement a Multi-Tiered System of Supports to meet the individual academic needs of all students.
- Teachers will incorporate WICOR - Writing, Inquiry, Collaboration, Organization and Reading strategies into their daily instruction.
Caring Culture Goal
- The May PBIS survey will show growth in the following three areas:
- When asked if they feel accepted for who they are by teachers and staff all students will provide an answer of 3 or above. 3% of our students gave the rating of a 1 or a 2 in the fall PBIS survey.
- When asked about how well they know the other students in their TA all students will provide an answer of a 3 or above. Approximately 36% gave the rating of a 1 or a 2 in the fall PBIS survey.
- When asked how many adults at Lanier they think they can trust to talk to no student will respond with a 0. Twenty-one percent of the students who responded in the fall shared that they didn’t trust any of the staff enough to talk to them.
- All staff members will increase their capacity to engage in culturally and linguistically responsive teaching practices.
- All staff members will focus on creating community and strengthening relationships with students and families.
- We will build students’ sense of belonging and self-efficacy.
Access & Opportunity Goal
- The gap between the total Black student enrollment and Black student enrollment in Honors Math and/or Honors English will be 1% or less.
- The gap between the total Hispanic student enrollment and Hispanic student enrollment in Honors Math and/or Honors English will be 8% or less.
- Teachers will engage in ongoing, job-embedded professional learning on technology integration that is personalized, and designed to promote skill transfer. Experiences must marry student needs/interests with teachers’ interests, needs, and classroom settings. Teachers will use technology to engage all students in rigorous activities.
- Our community will learn more about Growth Mindset so that we can all apply it to our learning.